Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Silly Laughs From The Kitchen

Okay, so I have been thinking of starting a blog for a long time. Figured family and friends could read about the silly things the kids do and say. Which is a lot! I really should have started this many many years ago. If I had, I think I would probably have about 3 books full of crazy and fantastic things about silly kids. So, I guess it's just better to finally start than not start at all. These first few blog posts are going to be old ones I started that need a home...and still apply today. Btw, this is NOT a blog about cooking! For those that know me, Burnt is my special spice! hehehe

I have to say that staying at home with the kids is NOT easy. Having 6 is NOT easy. However, I firmly believe that God does not give more than we can handle...so obviously God has faith in me that I can handle 6 kids. In turn I put my faith in Him that he will give me the strength to get through each and every day with all the challenges it brings.

It's amazing the things that kids teach us. A few years back Mason taught me something. He was 7 and it had been a long time since I had tickled him. So I reached over and found those oh sweet spots of tickle joy! Of course he has to yell the customary NOOOOOOOOO MOM STOOOOOP but when they throw themselves at you, you know they want more. I guess them growing up is two fold. I don't want to see them grow up but in some ways I do treat them as if they are because I don't play silly things with them so much anymore. Guess I need to do that a lot more.

Madison teaches me lessons daily! All day long I hear "help, mommy, help me" because Maddy has gotten herself "stuck" somewhere. Her latest adventures include climbing the cat tree to almost the top and then yelling help at the top of her lungs because she can't get down. And not 5 minutes later she was doing it again. Why oh why must they do things 50 times before they learn it's not a good idea. huh. As I write that I think about my life and think gee, why must I do things 50 times before I learn them. Guess we all still have the baby in us. I wonder if God ever gets frustrated at us like we do our children who keep getting themselves "stuck". Brian, I hear a sermon here!!!!

Well, as I'm writing this I'm hearing awful things from the kitchen with silly laughs. Guess I better go see where Madison is stuck now.

No comments:

Post a Comment