Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today was a ho hum kinda day

I am absolutely positive that weather directly affects a person's mood. Madison woke up today in a great mood. The second we went outside to pick up her brother and head to Costco she started to complain. And Whine. And cry. She was very upset that we were living in Washington and NOT Texas. When I asked her what she missed about Texas she said she missed her friends. I think she is REALLY missing being in school right now. I wonder if there is a way to remedy that and get her some social interaction? I'm going to seriously make sure that we make time to see our friends soon.

I think maybe the rain affected everyone around us too. Everywhere we went it took WAY longer than it should. Not many were smiling in Costco but once Madison got inside she was happy again and it showed. She made a LOT of people smile and laugh and made many new friends. So much for "strangers". Everyone is her best friend! Two hours of waiting on meds at Costco with two youngsters is not fun. At least we had hotdogs to distract us for a little bit as well as allll the samples (YUM). We did get to talk about Jesus and attitudes so that was a good learning lesson.

Also had a sneak Facebook post from someone I hadn't seen in at least 10 years that knew I was at Costco. Hmmmmmmmmm guess we were seen??

I'm a little frustrated with myself. I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Besides a mom =-) I really really love computer games and figured I would try to go into something with computer game development or animation (another passion I have). Unfortunately Spokane is NOT the place to be to make games. Yea, that would be in AUSTIN TEXAS WHERE WE JUST LEFT (*cough*). hmmmmm so I took a look at what classes I had already taken and whats left for a Bachelors. I can get a Bachelors in Business with emphasis in Information Systems or maybe something in Human Resources? I then talked to a friend of mine who is getting her Bachelors in Health Administration with an emphasis in IT. So I checked it out and REALLY liked the idea! I did Admin stuff for MANY MANY years before I had kids and loved it. So now I need to see some advisors. I wonder if I can get the Bachelors Majoring in Health Service Administration with a Minor in Human Resources. Anyone that knows me knows I'm great with people. But I love kids too. Maybe I could go work at the Children's Hospital? I guess I need to ask God what direction he wants me to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment